Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

I have heard that for some people a regular asprin is actually

I have heard that for some people a regular asprin is actually better than a baby asprin on a daily regimin. Can this be true?
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

It all depends on the patient and the dosage of "regular aspirin" you are taking. If it is a 100 mg pill once a day, it is probably just as safe as the baby aspirin. It is the once a day 200 mg pill that could create more risk than benefit. This is because taking more than 100 mg of aspirin a day increases your bleeding risk.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I consider a regular asprin to be 325mg and a baby asprin to be 81mg. So on a regular daily basis a 325 mg asprin generall would not be acceptable?
It may be helpful in preventing a heart attack, however, Anything more than a 100 mg dose increases your bleeding risk.