Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

hi i would like 2 ask my penis is itching and getting larg

hi i would like 2 ask my penis is itching and getting large
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.
By getting large, do you mean the entire penis is swelling or is there swelling in a certain area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

only around the forehead

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think you are suffering from Candida balanitis. -A male yeast infection- it is sometimes referred to as penile yeast infection or "jock itch". Definition: Candida balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis. When the foreskin (or prepuce) is also affected, it is termed balanoposthitis. Try one of these over the counter creams to take care of it-

Lotrimin (clotrimazole)

Monistat (miconazole)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is that a cream,i will apply the 2 of them?how many days i will see the different?

Both are creams. You will only need to buy one. The monistat cream is typically used for women's yeast infections but will treat your symptoms the same. Follow directions per the outside of cream and you should see results pretty quickly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is that 3x a day?
Follow the instructions listed on the tube
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you so much
You are welcome..Hope you are feeling better soon!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi,are they going to give me without prescription?
Yes, these creams are sold over the counter, no prescription required. They are available at your local drug store.