Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
13500761

How Bad is it and what is ment when you could be Anemic

Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.
Anemia is a medical condition in which the red blood cell count or hemoglobin is less than normal. The normal level of hemoglobin is generally different in males and females. For men, anemia is typically defined as hemoglobin level of less than 13.5 gram/100 ml and in women as hemoglobin of less than 12.0 gram/100 ml. These definitions may vary slightly depending on the source and the laboratory reference use.

Anemia generally has a very good prognosis and it may be curable in many instances. The overall prognosis depends on the underlying cause of anemia, its severity, and the overall health of the patient.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok But how worried should i be
You shouldn't be very worried. It isn't life threatening or even close. Anemia can sometimes cure naturally over time.