Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
13500761

ive had 5 colds since March, each one lasting betweeen 7-

i`ve had 5 colds since March, each one lasting betweeen 7- 10days, do you think i could be lacking in vitamins?
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

It is clear that your immune system isn't at it's strongest. And a lack of vitamins could be a contributor to your excessive number of colds. To rule out a more serious cause, I suggest you visit your primary care physician and request general lab work.

Adjusting your diet may help to fight off colds. Try to consume more foods that are high in vitamins A, B, C, and E and in potassium, zinc, and magnesium.