Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

My daughter was told by the hospital that they could not help

My daughter was told by the hospital that they could not help her with her long history of stomach problems. She was told by the hospital that she has 2 stomachs and that they never seen anything like that before. She is on no pain meds, promethazine 25 mgs - one tablet every 6 hours for nausea and vomiting, ranitidine 150 mgs - 2 x daily, ondansetron 4 mgs - 3 times a day for nausea and vomiting, loratadine 10 mgs - 1 daily, quetiapine 100 mgs - take one at night, dicyclomine 20 mgs - 4 x daily, escitalopram 20 mgs - 1 daily (she is taking half a pill daily because makes her too emotional). She's had scopes both ways that didn't show anything. If it's not in the intestines or stomach, what is the problem? Why can't the hospital figure it out? If they can't figure it out, why don't they refer her to some place that can? Has pain daily. Was diagnosed with none specific abdominal pain. Is real skinny - has a hard time eating.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.
What kind of symptoms does she have? Diarrhea? Loss of appetite/weight?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lots of pain - even wakes her up - no diarrhea - is hungry but just can't eat because she either throws it up or her stomach is too painful - did lose weight - is 120 pounds and it 5'7".
Duodenal duplication cysts may be the cause. Consult your physician about these