Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

i STARTED WITH A SLIGHT SORE THROAT, AND FEELING A LITTLE TIRED.

i STARTED WITH A SLIGHT SORE THROAT, AND FEELING A LITTLE TIRED. THEN I HAD A CRICK NECK. NOW AND FOR THE LAST 5 NIGHTS I HAVE A SWALLEN GLAND IN MY NECK BELOW MY LEFT JAW LINE, AND ONCE I LAY DOWN AT NIGHTS IT HURTS AT THE BASE OF MY SKULL/ HAIRLINE TO LIFT UP MY HEAD OR TURN. ONLY MILD DISCOMFORT IN THE DAY. BUT, VERY PAINFULL AT NIGHTS
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have fever, nausea, headache, runny nose, cough? Can you put your chin on chest? Any confusion, loss of consciousness? Are those glands in your neck painful? Do you think your condition is getting worse gradually?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no fever,no nausea,no headacke, no loss of conciousness. the condition is not worst. But, when i bring my chin to my chest the gland hurts. and it is very painful at nights in addition this has been going on for 5 days
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i already answered your question and you already billed my american x press card. I AM STILL AWATING A ANSWER ,no fever,no nausea,no headacke, no loss of conciousness. the condition is not worst. But, when i bring my chin to my chest the gland hurts. and it is very painful at nights in addition this has been going on for 5 days
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you don't seem to have many symptoms at this time. The majority of sore throat is caused by viruses and do not require any specific treatment. Most of the time self recovery is expected within a week or so. Most of the time people recover from it without any complication, but in small number of cases infection spread to chest, sinuses, ear to produce additional symptoms. In small number of cases, sore throat can be caused by a bacteria and other organism. In your case, I think you have minimal symptoms and most likely caused by a viral infection. Those glands swelling are in response to the infection and will subside gradually over 4-6 weeks. In the mean time please continue with rest, saline/Listerine gargle, OTC pain meds, comfortable food, and avoid further irritation in throat . You will be felling much better after couple of days, if not, or you develop additional symptoms or your symptoms gets worse, you will have to see your doctor for proper evaluation. You can read more about it from this link:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sore-throat/DS00526

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.