PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

is arthritis reversible?

is arthritis reversible?
Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 2 years ago.

PK :

Hello

PK :

Welcome to just answer

PK :

Please enter the chat

PK :

I am here to answer you

Customer:

Hello thank you very much

PK :

Could you elaborate on your question

PK :

Please give me details on the situation at hand

Customer:

The thing is that i have a prominent tendency to crack my fingers joints, lately my left thumb is hurting in the joint the joins the hand, im afraid that I could be developing arthritis, i hope not, it hurts like when you have a joint flexed up for too much time, this also started when i started riding a motorcycle, so i dont know if that is playing a role i suppose yes as it started as soon as i started riding, my question is if in any case arthritis could be reversed.

PK :

You are too young so as to develop arthritic changes

Customer:

oh, good, so it is a myth that if you crack your fingers you get arthritis?

PK :

It is not necessary that cracking fingers is arthritis

PK :

YOu should still get an X ray if this is bothering you

PK :

The pain you have can be caused due to strain

Customer:

ok thank you very much doc! i will get it checked asap, thanks!

PK :

Does it hurt bad ?

Customer:

not bad to bother me out of the blur, just when i bend my thumb down a little too much

PK :

Oh

PK :

That is okay

PK :

It can be caused due to strain and exertion

PK :

When you bend the muscle stretches too

PK :

It does not sound serious

Customer:

the pain actually goes away sometime when my thumb cracks

PK :

It can be caused due to stiffness

Customer:

ok, so nothing serious then? i should be worried?

PK :

You should avoid cracking your fingers often

PK :

No it is not serious but if the pain persists then just get an X ray

Customer:

yeah i will try. (my small ocd)

PK :

You are fine

PK :

Do not worry

Customer:

ok thank you very much doc!

PK :

You are welcome

PK :

Take care and god bless

Customer:

you have been great! thanks!

PK :

I wish you all the best

Customer:

thank you doc, likewise!

PK :

Please leave a positive rating in order to accept the answer

PK :

Thank you

Customer:

of course i will!

Customer:

bye bye

PK :

Thanks ))

PK :

BBye

PK, Doctor
Experience: MD