Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.

I have chest pain on my right side about my breast , i have

I have chest pain on my right side about my breast , i have had it since last night and shortness of breath , could i have just pulled a muscle , it started after i had a soda . So I thought it was heartburn
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thank you for your question.

Customer:

Hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am Dr. Shahzad and I will be helping you out with your question

Customer:

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Did aleve of gas x help any?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Did aleve or gas x help any?

Customer:

No, still have pain and alot of congestion

Customer:

I do have asthma too. but there is chest pain on my right side

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can you please elaborate the congestion that you are having because you did not mention that in the initial question

Customer:

I have some congestion , coughing etc . When I touch my right side it hurts . This is how is started. I was drinking a soda last night and it came on, alot of pain about my right breast and hard time breathing,. I took some aspirin and it went away a little not all the way , I was up and down all night with it and still this morning. Now I am coughing too.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

well, I think that since you mentioned that you have asthma, the coughing, shortness of breath, congestion, chest pain all go in favor of the fact that you may be having an asthma exacerbation

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I personally think that if you have an inhaler with salbutamol you should take it as soon as possible

Customer:

what is that

Dr. Shahzad MD :

That is ventolin

Dr. Shahzad MD :

inhaler

Customer:

I have symbicort

Dr. Shahzad MD :

That is a steroid inhaler

Dr. Shahzad MD :

do you have any other inhalers with you?

Customer:

ALBUTORAL

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes that is what I am talking about

Dr. Shahzad MD :

take two puffs of that now

Customer:

Just did

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your condition has not improved with that then you must go to the ER now

Dr. Shahzad MD :

because I think that you are having worsening of your asthma

Customer:

I am still having some chest pain on my right side does that go with asthma

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes, one can have chest pain with asthma

Customer:

I am sweating a lot too , I assume that goes with it too.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

exactly

Customer:

Thanks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have more questions for me?

Customer:

No, just need to feel better

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Wish you all the best

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please do rate me for my services before you leave.
Take care
Good bye.

Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MBBS, MD, FCPS.