Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Tonight my resting pulse rate is 101 and my blood pressure

Tonight my resting pulse rate is 101 and my blood pressure is 95/66. I take 50mg Losartan and 20 mg Simvastatin nightly. I have just come off of 5 mg WarfarinSodium (last week) for a blood clot in mid-calf diagnosed in April. It has not moved. I have no symptoms (ie. shortness of breath, breathing difficulty, coughing, etc. My blood pressure is normally a little high ie. 130/85. Took my blood pressure tonight because my wife did not because I felt any different.

What are your symptoms now? How long the symptoms are there? When do you normally take Losartan?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
BP now 109/81 pulse 88. Normally take Losartan before bed. Have not taken it today yet.
Thank you for the input.

Though there is definite level for defining high blood pressure , there is no such level for low blood pressure. The normal systolic pressure or the upper number usually is taken from 90 -120 & diastolic is taken as 60-80 mm Hg. The low blood pressure is considered when it causes symptoms. A person may have blood pressure of 90 / 50 but may not have symptom, while in persons who are having hypertension may feel symptoms at 100 / 60. Normal heart rate in an adult is taken as 60-100/ min. Yours is slightly above this limit. If you feel any symptom of dizziness, lightheaded, chest pain, feeling of passing out etc. you need to have a consultation with doctor in ER for management.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My pulse rate is normally 72-75 at rest, so whereas the range is 60-100, 101 is not normal for me
Yes, 101 is not normal.