Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

i keep gagging and dry heave it is getting worse the only symptom

i keep gagging and dry heave it is getting worse the only symptom i have is this nothing else it starts as a cough as i try to clear my throat then i gag and start to dry heave have never actually thrown up though
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How long has this been going on for?

RickMD :

Can you think of anything that may have caused/started your symptoms, such as something you ate etc?

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?

Customer: about 8 weeks comes and goes worse in the mornign originslly now is effecting me at work i cannot think of a specific event i have gout fatty liver and has throat cancer 24 years ago but none ofhose symptoms have ever re-occurred i feel otherwise healthy just the gagging
Customer: no sore throat no weight loss no pains no diahrea just the gagging
RickMD :

Well, I was just thinking about a structural lesion in your throat, post nasel drip, infections etc. but, of course with your past history of throat cancer, it think your best course of action is to try and get in to see an ENT doctor tomorrow.

Customer: don't know whether i should see the ent or the gastro folks think i am going to see bith
RickMD :

She can put a scope down your nose and throat and look directly for any lesions that may be present.

Customer: both
RickMD :

I'd go with ENT first

Customer: yep been there before
Customer: ok will do
RickMD :

I also would feel better if you didn't have to wait until Monday and suffer all weekend :(

RickMD :

I wish you the very best of luck

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: i have a pal at jhu in baltimore in the otarlyngology dept
RickMD :

Sounds like a place to call at the opening bell tomorrow morning.....

Customer: will call in the morning
Customer: right
RickMD :

Ok. If you have a chance, drop me a note and let me know how things go.....

Customer: ok
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi Greg,

I was just thinking about you and wondering what your friend at JHU found out about your gagging.
I hope everything is ok :)