Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Sir, is there any danger for a diabetic to miss breakfast and

Sir, is there any danger for a diabetic to miss breakfast and eat a brunch for weight loss?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

It would be important to discuss this diet plan with your doctor. Diabetics respond differently to diets then non-diabetics and many factors, like insulin use, the medicines you take etc can come into play. This, in my opinion, is especially important at your age....

RickMD :

I do,however, applaud the steps you are taking to reduce your weight.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Sorry I can't give you a black and white answer to this very important question...

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Have a good day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sir, your information of course was excellent, but I need to supply you with more information, I take 25 units per day insulin of Lantus, I have already losses 139 lbs in 2 years, but have hit a level I can not seem to loss any more. I am 5 ft 11 now weigh 235 lbs, I want to get down to at lease 185=190. So I thought this might br away. I do all the right things, walk briskly 2-3 miles a day, eat right take a balance of fruits and vegetables and take the right supplements otherwise I am healthy in all major indicators, my fasting blood sugars are between 85 and 100 every day for 4 months, my blood pressure is averaged a pule rate averages 52 to 58 every day, I feel terrific and probably feel in terms of energy the best I have felt in years, However I need to lose about 40 lbs more and seem to get below this level of 236. My goal completely reverse and be healed of my diabetes. Can you further answer my question with this additional info. Hope to have your response. Roger
excellent job on the weight loss. Although it is still possible, even after you reach your weight goal, that you will need medical treatment for your diabetes......

I think, from what you have posted, that you will be fine to skip breakfast and replace it with a brunch. Test your blood sugar, be careful and let your doctor know of your plans.
Hi Roger,

I was just thinking about you and wondering what your doctor said about your plans to give the Whitaker diet a of luck to you.