Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

have excessive wax build up in ear tryed clean with qtip now

have excessive wax build up in ear tryed clean with qtip now ear plugged trid flushing been 4 days what should try or do

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

It sounds like you have done everything that you can do on your own at home at this point.

RickMD :

If you continue to try and get this stuff out of your ear canal you run the risk of perforating your ear drum and, if you press hard or often enough, of causing damage to the delicate bones of your inner ear -- which can cause permanent hearing loss.

RickMD :

At this point you should stop messing with it and see you doctor. She will be able, using special instruments and direct visualization, to safely get the gunk out of your ear so that you can hear again.

thanks will make doc appt

RickMD :

Do you have to go to the ER tonight for this? Since it has been going on for so long, I'd go to the ER only if it is so painful that it keeps you from sleeping. Otherwise, see your MD in the morning. Also, I do not believe you need to consult with an ENT doctor at this point.

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good evening.

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.