Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I had surgery approx. 5 months ago for intestinal volvulus.

I had surgery approx. 5 months ago for intestinal volvulus. Part of my colon was removed. Within the last 3 days my bowl movements have become weaker but not gone and I have slight pain under tip of sternum. Should I be checked/concerned?
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

What do you mean by weak bowel movements? Where exactly is the pain located? Do you have any other associated symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not as large as normal nor do they come easily. Slight pain approx one inch below sternum. A lot of gas.
Is it a burning pain? Do you fee pain when you press in that area? Do you feel stomach fullness, nausea, and bloating?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not as hungry but still eat. No nausea, slight bloating. Not a burning pain more pressure type pain.

Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you seem to have upper abdomen discomfort along with gas and a sense of incomplete bowel empty. In many cases abdominal pain/fullness and discomfort are related to incomplete bowel empty or constipation. However, there are many other potential causes for upper abdomen pain such as gastritis, ulcer, pancreatitis, gall bladder infection, indigestion etc. Since you do not have any other associated symptoms for bowel obstruction or other illnesses they are unlikely. I am thinking in the line of indigestion/gastritis or incomplete bowl empty. I see that you have already taken laxative which may ease your symptoms. You can also take OTC antacid for stomach related pain and gas. If it does not work or your symptoms get worse, visit your doctor or nearest ER.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much
You are welcome!
Thanks you for visiting justanswer.