Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have had blood on toliet paper and flooting in small lumps

I have had blood on toliet paper and flooting in small lumps for a few years. i get aching on my left side, kidneys i believe, and back. My mum has had bowel cancer. My dad died of Pancreaic cancer. Ive had a perturity tumor and a frontal lobal tumor. Should i go to my doctor about this? I feel that i may be over worrying.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you notice blood after each bowel movement? How much is the blood and where are those lumps located? Do you have weakness, anorexia, wt. loss? Were you investigated for it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I seem to have have had problems after alot of my bowel movements buit not sure if after all. The blood dose not seem to be much but i do have an unpleasent feeling and have to go and clean my self again after going to the toilet. I have a tumor on my purturity gland, stopped with radiotheropy. Plus one on my frontal lob, removed with surgery. i keep getting very tied and exhausted, no weight lose.
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Passing blood in stool is not normal and there must be a reason behind it. Many times bleeding is the first sign of disease, so proper evaluation is required. Since you are having this bleeding for 3 years there is no point in waiting further. Since you have not developed any other associated symptoms, I still think it as a benign condition, but this must be investigated properly with colonoscopy. There are many causes of blood in stool, some are more common at younger age such as hemorrhoids, fissures, polyps, inflammatory bowel disease, others are common at older age like diverticulitis, angidysplagia, malignancy. If you notice small amount of blood in toilet paper, then it is very likely hemorrhoids or fissures,,,, but still a proper diagnosis is required to make sure that you are dealing with a benign condition. You can start from your primary care doctor or a gastro doctor. They will be able to do all the requited test to make final diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im scared of the tests and possible treatments involved. Also i have had alot of time off from work with my other problems.

I can understand your concern and anxiousness, but still it is better and wise to get it evaluated. You do not want to keep yourself away from diagnosis because treatment and recovery are always best in early phase of disease. I don't think that you are dealing with something like that but still get it investigated. If it is a benign problem, then it can be fixed appropriately in short time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, If im experiencing pain in back and bowel. I believe im having blood in my bowel movements most of the time. I have stages of diherea and constopation and very little normal movements. Its probably little to worry about at my age but i should see my doctor andis probably benign?

If you are experiencing all these symptoms, then "yes" you should see your doctor for proper evaluation and investigation. In someone at older age with all these symptoms, we look for cancer,, but in younger age it can be functional disorder such as IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. But still proper investigation is required in both age group.