Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

my daughter has been dieting and exercizing diligently for

my daughter has been dieting and exercizing diligently for about 6 weeks and has gained about 20 lbs. She is literally at the end of her rope. She also quit smoking, but is at the point of giving up all the good things she's doing as it not only not working but making things worse. What can we do? Please help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

If she has not had a recent physical examination she should see her GP for one. If she is found to be healthy in all other respects then she is gaining weight because she is taking in more calories then her body is using.

RickMD :

I would suggest keeping a detailed food diary and exercise diary for the next month, along with checking her weight on the same scale, wearing the same amount of clothing (undergarments ect) and see what happens.

RickMD :

She also can find resources online, at a local bookstore or her library that will allow her to calculate her daily calorie intake and daily calorie output. This will let her know what is going on with her new plan.

RickMD :

Without these data everything else is just guessing.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :