Hello, we were just in a home for 1 week that had some mold in an old ceiling vent (unused now) and the housekeeper sweep it off into the kitchen into the air. 1 day later my son developed what sounds like a whooping cough and Iam congested in my lungs. This started on July 1rst and is still present, my sons cough has not gotten better. How could we find out if this is from the mold?
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 49
Son is 12.Cough decongestant, medicinal mushrooms,oil of oregeno
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Thanks for your question.
These symptoms are liekely from the nold exposure.
This can be tested by the allergy testing on the skin.
Another option is to send out sputum for fungal culture.
That may also show the fungus.
The blood tests also can be done to check for mold induced antibodies and also high eosinophil count.
Please see a lung specialist.