Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

my wife takesclonidine an lisincpril for blood pressure. this

my wife takesclonidine an lisincpril for blood pressure. this morning at around 6am she woke up feeling sick at stomace. she took 1 of each. the clonidine 0.2 mg says 2 per day. an a lisinopril at 9.00 pm blood pressure was 193over 119.at5.30blood 1half of lisinopril pressure was175 over 102 at 645 blood pressure was 203 over 103 took 1 clonodine an a halflisinopril. at 7.15 168 over 88 is this going to be ok if not what.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

It seems that her current blood pressure therapy is not adequate to control her all day long. Some of those reading, especially the 203/103 are way too high.

Customer:
RickMD :

I do not think this is going to be OK on its own and I suggest that she take her medicines as directed and see her doctor in the morning. I would be very helpful if you could write down what you have posted here, along with any other BP readings you take, and share these data with her doctor.

RickMD :

It is hard to tell without examining her if you should just go to the ER tonight. That decision is really one the two of you are going to have to make, although it never hurts to get care sooner rather then later just in case her BP goes real high again tonight.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

It seems that her current blood pressure therapy is not adequate to control her all day long. Some of those reading, especially the 203/103 are way too high.</pCustomer: RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

blood pressure is 127 over 77 wel it stop dropping any recommendation on bp meds.

That BP, while it is a "good" number, may be too low for her given her history of having high BP and the fact that it came down so fast.

If she is having any symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, pains, chest pain etc then you should get her to the ER right away.

There is no way to tell if her BP will continue to fall from what she has taken but, yes, it might.

In thinking about your situation a bit more as I sit here typing I think this BP thing has gone too far to safely manage at home. I'd go to the ER. Bring your notes and meds. It is better safe then sorry when it comes to the health of our loved ones....

Does this make sense to you?

It was a pleasure to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC