Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Ok 3 months ago I groomed my genital area, I always get bad

Customer Question

Ok 3 months ago I groomed my genital area, I always get bad razor burn, this one particular time it got bad, a week later I had a bump grow in the area at base of my penis, Where I had a bad razor burn, no lesions, no cauliflower, no puss, just a lump under the skin, not attached or anything like that, it hasn't grown or changed form, no itching or burning of any sort. Can this just be an ingrown hair follicle that's taking 2 months to pop out? I had that before where it took an ingrown hair an inch under the belly line a long time to pop out or form? I'm baffled?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Given what you have posted I think that is exactly what that bump is. The good news? It is nothing to worry about.

RickMD :

I would use warm compresses to help it come to a head and, once it gets "closer" to the surface (although most doctors won't tell you to do this) you can try to give it a squeeze and pop it like a zit.

RickMD :

There really is no need to see a doctor or start on any antibiotics etc for this.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Customer: Thank you for your help and advice.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good evening.