Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

pain lower abdomin left side, passing blood, colen cancer surgury

pain lower abdomin left side, passing blood, colen cancer surgury in Dec 11 , stg 4 removed foot of colen, 1/2 recdom , pain doubles me over

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

How long has this been going on?

RickMD :

Is the blood bright red or black?

Customer:

blood is red, a couple days now before my surgury I was lossing alot of blood from a tumer, this is first since recovery

RickMD :

Are you having any other symptoms? Dizziness etc?

Customer:

just fell weak, and a bit pale

RickMD :

Ok. Well, I strongly believe you need to see you doctor or surgeon today or, if that is not possible, go to the ER now. Since you are feeling a bit weak it would be best if someone drove you.

RickMD :

With you history it could be a number of things but whatever it is it needs to be checked out sooner rather then later.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

I'm sorry to hear about your new episode of bleeding :(

Customer:

I have no one around, you think it could be my cancer? or surgury site? any other orgens there?

RickMD :

The first thought with stage 4 cancer is the cancer is back......I do not think it is other organs causing bleeding in this area.....nor would it be likely that, after 7 months your surgical site would all of a sudden start to bleed for no reason.

RickMD :

It needs to be checked out. If you think you can safely drive then by all means get in to your doctors. If not, call 911 and get a lift to the ER>

RickMD :

Better safe then sorry, don't you think?

RickMD :

I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but I believe this is the correct course of action to take.

RickMD :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes, would this be considered a emg.? If I go to hosp? or 4hrs in waiting room?

RickMD :

I think it needs to be evaluated today. Does it have to be in the next hour? No. But for sure before the sun goes down.

RickMD :

And I don't think the ER will let you sit for hours in the waiting room with your history. They'll get you right in.

Customer:

ok thank you for your time. ur service was good

RickMD :

My pleasure.

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

I hope everything turns out OK.
Hi Michael,

I was just thinking about you and wondering what the doctors found out about the source of your pain and bleeding. I hope everything turns out OK for you :)