Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

How can I get a bruise to heal faster?

How can I get a bruise to heal faster?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

You body uses special blood cells to carry away the particles of the bruise. This, as you know, takes time -- how long depending upon the amount of bleeding in the tissues that caused the bruise.

RickMD :

One way to help the bruise to go away faster is to use warm compresses to increase the blood flow to the area so the special cells can work faster.

RickMD :

Also, if it is a small surface bruise, like a blood blister, you can pop it, although I don't recommend this due to the small chance of an infection.

RickMD :

There is no diet, no exercise, no pill etc that you can take to speed up this process and anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to steal your money.

Customer: I had eye surgery last Monday and my cheeks are still badly bruised...so, I was hoping to sped up the bruising process.
RickMD :

I hope your surgery went well....but, alas, there is no great way to speed up how fast the bruise goes away. If anyone ask what happened you can tell 'em that the other guy is still in the ICU :-)

Customer: Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try warm compresses! Your advice is worth a try!!
RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good weekend.

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Bye :-)
Hi Fay,

I was just thinking about you and wondering if my advice was helping the bruise go away any faster then you thought it would. I hope things are healing well after your surgery.