Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Hi, i recieved a cortizone shot at the base of trigger finger

Hi, i recieved a cortizone shot at the base of trigger finger 14 hours ago and my finger is still numb, is there a cause for concern? I am worried

When did the numbness start? Is there any color change or temperature change of the finger? Swelling? Is there any change of numbness from the onset?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got the numbness as soon as I got the injection, it is my second time getting an injection in this area, the last time it did not work and numbness only lasted a few hours. My finger is all swelled up as well right after I got injectiom, and there has been no change at all.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No change of numbness at all from onset
Thank you for the input.

The continuing numbness can be due to pressure effect on the nerve or from an injury to a nerve. Swelling or tissue edema can cause a pressure effect. You need to get it examined by doctor urgently. Meanwhile, you can keep the finger elevated. This will help to reduce the swelling. Application of ice can be helpful. Please do not apply directly. Apply after wrapping in a towel & not more than 10-15 min at a time.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.