Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My doctor discontinued my Metoprolol and my Zocor. My levels

My doctor discontinued my Metoprolol and my Zocor. My levels were normal as was my blood pressure. I have been off the meds since April with no problems. Several days ago my left ankle was swollen. It went down some last night but has swollen again today and now. Is this some kind on indication? I don't feel sick, weak or dizzy and my pressure is close to normal, slightly high when I took it this morning 140/80 73, but has been running 120/130 over 80/85. I do have severe arthritis in my right hip, but right now it seems to be in remission and not hurting so badly. My biggest concern right now is why my left ankle is swelling and just a little above the ankle. Please advise. Thank You so very much.
Thank you for your question. This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
I am going to assist you with your question today, First, I need a little more information:

Do you have pain in left ankle?
Do you get early morning stiffness in foot or other joints?
Do you have pain in big toe?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, Sir, no pain in ankle. When I get up from a sitting position I am stiff for a few minutes. Then I get going, also when I first get up, it takes me a "minute" to get going. The warm shower usually makes me feel, not so stiff in the mornings. I do sometimes get a very sharp pain in one toe or the other. It doesn't last long, but hurt enough for me to "yell out" a little. The 3 toes from the left (same left foot) are somewhat numb feeling, right now and has been numb for over a month.
Thanks for providing the additional information.

Considering your symptoms, It can be due to any of these cause-
Gout, it results from an overload of uric acid in the body.
It deposits as the hard lumps of uric acid in and around the joints, this can cause swelling in joints.
Other possibility can be Rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
As such to make a diagnose,you need to undergo blood tests- Including CBC, Uric acid levels, RA factor test.

For the time, you can take Tylenol. You can add two cups of Epsom salt to a bath tub and soak affected parts in the water until it cools off. It helps in relieving pain.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

I trust I've helped, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are completely satisfied.
If you are not satisfied ,then please continue conversation without rating the answer & reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have.

I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you