Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am taking a blood pressure medicine (Lisinopril). At the

I am taking a blood pressure medicine (Lisinopril). At the start my blood pressure was 200/150. My prescription is for 1 tablet by mouth everyday. I have drastically reduced my caloric intake as well as my intake of sodium. My blood pressure is usually 120/80 give or take a few points on each depending on what I might be doing at the time. I have been taking Lisinopril since June 26.1012. My question is should I keep taking it......
Carolyn

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

That is a very good reduction of your blood pressure.

RickMD :

While I am glad that you have decreased your food intake and sodium load I feel that your blood pressure was too high before you started taking the Lisinopril to manage with diet and decreased sodium intake alone.

RickMD :

At this time you are fortunate that lisinopril alone is doing such an excellent job of managing your hypertension and you, as they they used to say "change horses in the middle of the stream" especially when the horse you are riding is such an good one :-)

RickMD :

Why mess with success?

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:
RickMD :

You should go back to taking the recommended dose of lisinopril and, if you want to change your medical therapy, discuss this with your doctor on your next visit and see what she says.

Customer:
RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system.

I will standby too see if there is anything else you would like to ask me.