Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Started a new relationship 6 weeks ago. After having unprotected

Customer Question

Started a new relationship 6 weeks ago. After having unprotected sex with my new girlfriend I noticed a small broken piece of latex condom on the tip of my penis after intercourse. She matains it must have been stuct in her vagina from her last boyfriend 2 months ago. Is this mediacally possible for a small piece of latex to be lodged in her vagia/cervex?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Yes. That is entirely possible.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

IT makes more sense that she might have slept with someone else.

RickMD :

You mean recently?

Customer:

Wouldnt it naturally come out after about a week or after a menstral cycle

Customer:

Where would this piece of latex be stuck? and why would it all of a sudden come out after all this time?

RickMD :

I guess you would be the best judge of whether or not she is telling you the truth, but it is very, very possible that a small piece of a condom could have been stuck up near her cervix etc for months, even if she had sex with you prior to this.

RickMD :

No. It may not even come out with her menses. There are even some areas of her vaginal vault that it may have stayed even in the face of a tampon.

Customer:

would she not have an infection if the foreign latex was in her for months

RickMD :

It may have come out now from your sexual activity, organism etc.

RickMD :

No. A small piece of latex might not cause an infection.

RickMD :

It sounds like you do not think she is being faithful to you and I am very sorry to hear that. But, based on physical anatomy, her statement is possible.

Customer:

So would a different sexual position or the deepness of my penitration casue it to jar loose?

RickMD :

It is up to you to decide to believe her or not.

RickMD :

Anything could have caused it to jar loose.....there is no absolute answer here. She could also be lying to you....or telling the truth. Physically and medically it is possible.

RickMD :

Now you have to decide to believe her or not.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

what would be the mediacal percentage of this happening? 1 a million or a lot less?

RickMD :

I can't give you a meaningful number that will help you to decide to believe her.

Customer:

I realize the belief is up to me but I would like to know the probability of this happening.

RickMD :

It is possible...If my girlfriend told me what she has told you I would believe her.

RickMD :

Does that help you?

RickMD :

I can't see what you are typing......

Customer:

give me one momment

RickMD :

ok

Customer:

Have you heard of this being a common occurece?

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC