Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have just gotten my blood test back and I have an Elevated

I have just gotten my blood test back and I have an Elevated sex hormone-binding globulin level. It is: 130.1 and my Triglycerides is high: 152. everything else was normal. My insulin is: 5.8 C-reactive proten-1.76 total cholesterol: 195 HDL: 68 VLDL: 30 LDL: 97 Glucose 89 t4: 1.43 dhea: 171 testosterone: 33 tsh: 1.88 Lh: 24.8 fsh: 61.4 estradiol: <6 I am postmenopausal. what could be causing my high ses hormone binding globulin and triglycerides?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for an answer. thank you

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly. Please do not respond to this as it will prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
What symptoms are you having?

Why did your doctor draw these specific labs?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am having stomach pains, green diarrhea, tired and depressed. I went to ER about two weeks ago and they took xrays and a blood test and said my WBC is up but they said they couldn't find anything wrong with me and it was an infection and would pass. So I went online and ordered the blood tests which included parasites ecoli and h pylori (all were negative). My urinalysis showed ph: 6, wbc esterase 1+, occult blood trace, WBC 6-10, I attributed that to the infection. I will bring the results into my doctor when I have a physical in 1 weeks. I don't take any medicine. My hands tingle when I eat meat. I had my gallbladder removed and gastric bypass about 10 years ago. Lately I seem to be getting an allergic reaction to strawberries and milk which I didn't have before. As a matter of fact many foods have been making my stomach queazy. Today my right node in my neck is swollen and it hurts. I think that is from the allergic reaction to the strawberries or probiotic I had just taken.

I will see a doctor in a week I just thought I would see if anyone on here had any ideas. thank you

I didn't know you could order blood tests online. If you don't mind, could you tell me how that is done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Google: blood tests online and you will get many companies. I prefer: www.privatemdlabs.com because their tests are though labcorp, which is very close to me. I was able to go in and get the stool containers and even make an appointment for the blood tests so I didn't have to wait in line. You have to pay for it yourself but there are coupons and specials they send you and you can get online. Right now they are having a 10% off special. Also their tests are very similar to the tests my regular dr would order and their operators are very helpful if I need assistance. Also they seem to be somewhat cheaper than the others, at least for the tests I usually get. So if there is a blood test I should have taken please tell me and I will get it done before I meet with my regular dr. My regular dr has a 3-5 week waiting period for appts so I like to have everything ready. thank you
That is very interesting. Thanks for that information.

Usually lab tests are ordered to help rule in or rule out a possible diagnosis that a doctor already has in mind. The problem with just ordering tests without having a possible diagnosis in mind is, once you get an abnormal value (like your sex hormone binding level) what do you do with the data? You have no clinical findings to "hang" this abnormality on....

I don't think you have to do any further testing prior to your next doctor visit. Just bring these lab results with you.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC