Coachrobmd
Coachrobmd, Internal Medicine MD
Experience:  •Fmr. Dir. Hep. C Clinic. •Fmr. Dir. Head Trauma Rehab Ctr.

i am feeling muscle aches from my neck to my legs...and i am

i am feeling muscle aches from my neck to my legs...and i am really worried
Category: Medical
Expert:  Coachrobmd replied 2 years ago.

Coachrobmd :

Hi, I'm Doctor Robert, a Medical Internist (MD) who deals with diseases of all organ systems. All my education has been completed in the US.

Coachrobmd :

The views expressed here are for educational purposes only and do not establish a physician-patient relationship. It is NOT intended to replace your own physician's advice or diagnosis. If this is an emergency, stop now and please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.

Coachrobmd :

Are you there? If so, NOW is the time to chime in so we can chat.

Coachrobmd :

Because I can NOT see, touch, speak with or examine you, nor do I have access to your complete medical history, labs, scans or medications, I will NOT be able to give you an exact diagnosis. If that's what you are expecting from me here, STOP READING NOW. Otherwise you may possibly give me a negative I BAD/POOR SERVICE rating, which is not helpful. There are limits to what can be done across the internet. PLEASE keep this in mind as you read my responses.

Coachrobmd :

Muscle aches from head to toe is called the flu.

Coachrobmd :

This is a virus infection that causes diffuse body aches, generally with headache and low grade fevers.

Coachrobmd :

It can last for extended periods.

Coachrobmd :

There is no treatment for the flu unless caught immediately.

Coachrobmd :

Only supportive care, such as warm fluids, hot baths, and over the counter (OTC) flu remedies are available.

Coachrobmd :

Thera-Flu is one such over the counter (OTC) preparation that has helped many through it.

Coachrobmd :

if you have been out in the sweltering heat, then there are two other options

Coachrobmd :

1. dehydration; this causes muscle pain due to lack of fluid

Coachrobmd :

2. rhabdomyolysis- this is muscle breakdown found in trauma and extreme heat conditions. It is diagnosed by a blood test called a creatine phosphokinase (CPK).

Coachrobmd :

So, those are the options.

Coachrobmd :

I would

Coachrobmd :

1. drink plenty of fluids

Coachrobmd :

2. take tylenol for the discomfort every 6 hours

Coachrobmd :

3. consider thera-flu; take as directed on the bottle

Coachrobmd :

4. if this persists beyond one week, time to see the primary care physician (PCP) for these tests

Coachrobmd :

b. erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) for systemic inflammation

Coachrobmd :

a. complete blood count (CBC) to look for infection

Coachrobmd :

c. creatine phosphokinase (CPK) for rhabdomyolysis

Coachrobmd :

d. a Urinalysis (U/A) to evaluate your hydration status.

Coachrobmd :

This is the very best information I can provide for you with the background limited details you provided. Please keep in mind the significant hurdles I face: I cannot see you, examine you, see your labs, review your studies, get your complete medical/surgical or family history, or most important or all, SPEAK with you like your regular doctor can. If you expected a definitive diagnosis or treatment, I'm sorry if this disappoints you. There are simply too many limitations for that to happen over the internet. If that WAS what you were expecting, please do NOT give this a NEGATIVE rating by selecting BAD or POOR SERVICE (or clicking on ONE or TWO STARS). Kindly don't rate it and do ask me to find another expert to assist you. I'll refer you to someone else who may wish to go out on a limb with a very specific diagnosis/treatment. I cannot do that and maintain my integrity. Thank you!

Coachrobmd :

============= Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the urge to leave a NEGATIVE rating of "BAD" or "POOR" service (or ONE or TWO STARS, depending upon your screen)(EXCELLENT SERVICE is always best), please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button. I will be happy to do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Selecting from the RIGHTMOST 2 faces/stars is how I receive compensation for all the years of training that went into assisting you today. It would be most appreciated.

Coachrobmd :

If you have ANY questions about what I wrote, please write back for clarification. I'm happy to continue working with you toward a resolution.

Customer:

i dont have any flu like symptoms

Customer:

these aches come and goes

Coachrobmd :

And this is not a cause of major worry. At your age, I can't think of anything major that causes this outside of what we discussed.

Customer:

i was taking some curam 625 mg and lanzap 30 mg ....

Customer:

but i stop taking the meds over 2 r 3 week ago

Customer:

at this point i am wondering if it is any form of std?

Coachrobmd :

No it is nOT an STD.

Coachrobmd :

This is not an STD, so don't even think that.

Customer:

and most times my testicles seems to get painful and no signs of swelling

Coachrobmd :

They don't give muscle aches all over.

Coachrobmd :

Testicle pain can be due to inflammation.

Customer:

i was thinking that the aches was due to the side effects of the pills but over three weeks and its on and off

Customer:

is that even possible?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I'm still here, but in another format call Q&A. If you want, just click REPLY and I'll get an email telling me you want more answers, which I'll be happy to provide for you. That's my personal mission at JA.com. Unless you're completely satisfied, I'm won't be, either. ==== If you DID like my answer and found it complete, Selecting from the RIGHTMOST 2 faces/stars is how I receive compensation for all the years of training that went into assisting you today. It would be most appreciated. BONUSES are also welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was thinking that the aches was due to the side effects of the pills but over three weeks and its on and off...is that even possible?
Curam is an antibiotic called amoxicillin. I have heard of generalized rash or itching, but not muscle aches.

Lansoprazole is a stomach acid medication, and that is also unlikely to cause the muscle problems you are reporting. It can cause localized muscle spasms, but I see no side effect of generalized muscle aches in my books.

Of course, that doesn't mean it can NOT happen.

===========
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the urge to leave a NEGATIVE rating of "BAD" or "POOR" service (or one or two STARS, depending upon your screen), please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button.

I will be happy to do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Selecting from the RIGHTMOST 2 faces/stars (EXCELLENT SERVICE is always best) is how I receive compensation for all the years of training that went into assisting you today. It would be most appreciated. Bonuses are also welcome.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so can you give me an honest suggestion on my condition because testicle pain then muscle aches that scares me. i did a urine test for std and was ok but now i am wondering if its more serious (hiv)
No, this is also not HIV. It does not present like this.

i HAVE given you my honest opinion already and given you the tests required to differentiate between the different possibilities.

Look, I'm not going to give you a specific diagnosis. That's not possible without examining you. I think you can understand that. I think this is the flu or the other conditions listed.

I've NEVER seen an STD or HIV present in this manner. There's nothing else I can say to convince you of that.

Follow my suggestions above and you should feel better shortly.

But if you want to convince yourself this is an STD or HIV, then i cannot stop you from doing that.

Hope this helps!

===========

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i thank you for your honest opinion and last thing any suggestion for the testicle pain at times?
Testicle pain at times can be due to
1. hernia (diagnosed by exam)
2. epididymitis (exam)
3. inflammatory condition (ESR blood test)

If it comes and goes, that is NOT an STD. An exam will often turn up the reason.

You should have a digital rectal exam (DRE) with your doctor to feel your prostate as well. I can't do that from the US for you.

===========

Coachrobmd, Internal Medicine MD
Experience: •Fmr. Dir. Hep. C Clinic. •Fmr. Dir. Head Trauma Rehab Ctr.