Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Can you get phlebitis in your feet?

Can you get phlebitis in your feet?
Hello from JA

A very good question.
Yes you can.

But why don't you tell me your symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I take warfin but had to quit taking it because of gall bladder surgery. after I stopped taking my warfin I had sore spots on the bottom of both my feet. They hurt so bad I can hardly walk at times. I can feel the spots that hurt--they are like small bumps in the arch area but tonight I have one that popped up right under my middle toe where it meets my foot. I have been back on warfin since July 20.
OK
Phlebitis is not my first choice here but is there any swelling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not a lot if any hard to tell since it is the bottom of my foot.
OK
Often lumps on the bottom of the foot that are sore are fibrous tumors that are harmless but painful

What you need here is an exam an possibly and ultrasound

Ultrasound would rule out clots in the leg or foot, and and would show if there are these growths

Best doc to examine this....podiatrist or orthopedist.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please select a 4 or 5 rating as this is how we are paid. Great service is my goal and if you are not yet satisfied please reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So you think it maybe just a coincidence this happened while I was off the warfin?
Yes but you can not be sure without the ultrasound which I think you should have...by next week at least.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you. I do have an appointment to see a podiatrist but the earliest I can get in to see him is July 23. Thanks for the information.
OK
I don't think it is an emergency, but go in if you need to.