Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Shortnessof breath, chest pain, right arm goes numb, prblem

Shortnessof breath, chest pain, right arm goes numb, prblem closing hand

How long the symptoms are there? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This request is for my wife, she has had the shortness of breath for about a year. But now is having chest pains that last for about 20 min or so. Also she has been having night sweats for the last several weeks. We are wondering what type of Dr. we should be seeing. My wife is sleeping at this time or i would have her give you more information. If you could point us in the right direction that would help. Dan
Thank you for the input.

Shortness of breath can come from a few conditions. It can be due to heart diseases like angina, failure. It can also be due to lungs causes like bronchoconstriction as in asthma, COPD, pneumonia etc. Anemia also cause shortness of breathing. I would advise to get an urgent examination by cardiologist as she is having chest pain. Heart issues need to be ruled out first. Numbness & difficulty in closing hand can come from nerve issues. Sometimes heart symptoms like angina can be referred to arm. Doctor can then take EKG, chest X ray, blood tests etc.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.