Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi there.I have parkinsons, and have bin advised by a friend

Hi there. I have parkinsons, and have bin advised by a friend to try to chew marijuana to ease my symptoms. Can you please let me know/ provide resources about this course of treatment. I have not tried Marijuana before. Thanks. I have found a few limited refereces but also some patents pertaining to this, but would love for you to build upon this.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Of-course i am.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly. Please do not respond to this as it will prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Thank you for your patience.

This is not a well established medication for Parkinson's and there are no good clinical data to substantiate these claims that you have read about.

That being said, if you are in a State that allows Medical Marijuana then I would consult with a doctor who is licensed to dispense it and see what she says.

In all truth I can't see where it would hurt anything to give it a try.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Does this make sense to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the above;

I have found the bellow resources that may be of some interest for you.

Am i wrong to interpret the above as positive reactions to various canaboids in Marijuana?

I have reviewed all the links you have provided and, I must admit, that they show a strong interest in learning more about canaboids and PD. From the abstracts of the articles it sure seems like marijuana might be very helpful.

I find myself back to my original statement: It sure can't hurt to give it a try :)

Thank you for brining those studies to my attention.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you at no additional charge :-)

Have a good weekend.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC