Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

i took a swig from a liquor bottle from an unsavory character

i took a swig from a liquor bottle from an unsavory character over the weekend, i was smart enough not to touch my lips to the bottle. the person did not appear to have an active outbreak. i've never had a cold sore. i've read this isn't the best way to contract something, but i've also read that drinking from someone else glass is a way to spread herpes. how nervous should i be?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I believe you will be just fine. As you say you did not touch the bottle with your mouth and alcohol is a great disinfectant

Customer:

alright, thanks.

RickMD :

I do not believe you have caught herpes or any other disease from sharing this persons libations.

RickMD :

My pleasure.

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Have a good day