Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have been feeling fine but earlier for a few minutes I felt

I have been feeling fine but earlier for a few minutes I felt as thought I wanted to vomit. Inever did but the feeling was there til I drank a little cold wateer. Then about 20 min later I left work headed to a gym 5 minutes away, that I have been going to every other day for the past two years and I could not remember how to get there. What could be the cause, and should I be alarmed? I was not in the heat for more than 5 min.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Other then the nausea and the brief loss of ability to get to the nearby gym, did you have any other symptoms?

RickMD :

Do you take any medicine or have any medical problems?

Customer:

no other symptoms, no medicine except for a multi-vitamin, over the counter. I have had an ablasion in February. but no other surgeries since then.

Customer:

the ablasion was for a cyst on my uterus that was causing excessive bleeding. I have very little bleeding now and have been feeling fine. I do still have a blood tinged discharge which the gynocologist states is normal during the healing from the ablasion as it is a burning of the lining of the uterus.

Customer:

Hello! Are you still there?

The chat system locked up....sorry about that. We can use this system to continue.

Ok. Would you say that you are now feeling back to normal?
I'm still here.

Do you feel back to normal now?

If you are feeling OK now, I would not worry about anything as this doesn't seem like anything to be alarmed about. I would just be sure to drink a lot of fluids and not spend a lot of time in the extreme heat that we have been having lately.

Dose this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

I'm sorry about the technical problems we had today. The engineers are working on it as we speak :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but i dont feel that I was dehydrated. I was in doors in the ac before the occurence and it wasnt until I was on my way to the gym that these occurences happened. I had eaten at 12 pm and had apple juice with my meal. This occurred at approximately 2:00 for the nausea and 2:30 for the disorientation.
Many times, especially after you are back to feeling normal, the cause of nausea and brief disorientation like you experienced is never found.

Your symptoms do not make me think that you had anything serious like a TIA or mini stroke so, at this point, as long as you are feeling OK I'd not worry about it.

Could you go to your doctor and have the million dollar workup? Sure. But there is a 99% chance nothing will be found to be wrong.

Does this make sense?

Please feel free to mash the excellent feedback button :)

Take care and let me know if I can do anything else to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you dont believe the ablasion has had anything to do with it either?
I'm sorry. I had to step away from my computer for a bit (Dinner with my wife :-)

That is an excellent question. Since the ablation was in February and you are not having much discharge I don't think that it was involved in this event.

Does that make sense?
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC