Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

listerine ingestion - accidental - forgot it was in my toothbrush

listerine ingestion - accidental - forgot it was in my toothbrush cup and added some water to the cup and drank it - probably not more than 5-6 teaspoons of listerine advanced rise. added the water to the cup to take my sleeping med (lunesta 2 mg) so that went down with the listerine too... any risk? my other meds: toprol xl 25 mg daily allegra daily prevacid daily age 65 weight about 140

When did you take it? Do you have any symptom?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

30-45 minutes ago. i feel drowsier and just a litle wobbly than i normally do from the sleeping pill. maybe just because it's late. my throat burned for 20 minutes or so after.

Thank you for the input.

Listerine contains alcohol, menthol. Excess of it can cause side effects. Menthol allergy can occur. You have taken a small amount. It should not cause any side effect. Gastric irritation can be possible. Take plenty of water. If you feel any discomfort, then talk to poison control centre(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further to satisfy you.