Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

what does thoracic scoliosis and spondylosis mean ?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

thoracic refers to the part of your spine that has ribs attached to it (thorax area)

RickMD :

scoliosis is a term that means the spine is curved from side to side and can be either congenital, neuromuscular or idiopathic in nature.

RickMD :

Spondylosis is a term used to describe degenerative osteoarthritis in the joints between parts of the spinal vertebrae. This can, if severe enough, cause compression to the spinal cord with severe pain, weakness and loss of feeling.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Are you there?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

MD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Are you there?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.