Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello, I have a large pus filed spot on the outside of my lip

Hello, I have a large pus filed spot on the outside of my lip on the right hand side of my mouth. I think it might be caused by the strep bacteria but I am not quite sure what to do about it;

Thank you

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

You can try hot compresses to bring it to a head. Once it starts draining you can put some over the counter triple antibiotic ointment on it and it should heal up fine.

RickMD :

If it seems to be spreading then you may need to see a doctor and have it incised and drained and, sometimes, oral antibiotics are needed. That being said the primary therapy is to get it to drain.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Are you available to chat?

RickMD :

I guess you have stepped away from your compter. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

RickMD :

Oops. The accept button was off.....you can push it now if you would be so kind :)

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I was wondering if there is a bigger problem as I've noticed spots appearing on my lges and even on my breasts over the past 4 weeks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Hi I was wondering if there is a bigger problem as I've noticed spots appearing on my lges and even on my breasts over the past 4 weeks
What kinda spots?