Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

hi, today i had a bowel movent and it was normal but i noticed

Customer Question

hi, today i had a bowel movent and it was normal but i noticed little black spots INSIDE the poop. i have had this before usually after eating black beans. but i have not had any in weeks. i had black olives last night and i eat rasins daily. other then that i eat alot of beef. i had an anal fissure two weeks ago. but im not sure if this is nothing to worry about
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I do not believe that you have anything to worry about. The most likely cause of the little black spots you have noticed is something you ate. It could very well be small pieces of the black olives or raisins.

RickMD :

In any event, as long as you are otherwise not having any symptoms I'd not worry at all.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Sorry about the technical problems we are experiencing this morning :(

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanx rick, i do get this once and a wile i remeber having this issue about two years ago. i have no other symptoms. i just got a little nervous due to the anal fissure a few weeks back. so there should be no reason to be alarmed?
That is correct. There is no reason to be alarmed. This does not sound like evidence of any serious problem such as internal bleeding, colon cancer etc.

I suggest you just relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

If you have any other problems let me know and I'll be happy to do my best to help you :)

Please don't forget to mash the excellent feedback button for me......
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you sir. unfortunatley im on call....i work as a plumber so im waiting for the phone to ring. any how thank you very much i feel alot better. you enjoy your weekend sir.
Hopefully it will be quiet today and no one will require your services :)

I'm glad I could be of service. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
me to!!! take care.
:)