Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

I have pain on my left side near my belly button. I have feeling

I have pain on my left side near my belly button. I have feeling fagitue, weak, I almost fainted a few times. nausea

Dr.Tharun :

Hi

Dr.Tharun :

Since when ? Do you have nausea or vomiting ?

Dr.Tharun :

Is it related to food ?

Dr.Tharun :

Do you have black colored stools ?

Customer:

Hello Dr. Tharun. I have been experiencing pain for a couple of weeks. It comes and goes.

Nausea and light headed.

Customer:

I dont think it is food related.

No i do not have black colored stoll.

Customer:
Dr.Tharun :

Is the pain related to passing stools? Any mucus in the stools? Loose stools ?do you have pain while pressing the region of pain?

Customer:

no. no. no. not right now

Dr.Tharun :

Any swelling or redness you can feel in the region? any pain while passing urine ? do you have history of urinary stones ?

Dr.Tharun :

How is your appetite ?

Customer:

My Kind of light headed if i have not ate for a while. no urine problems. and no history of urinary stones. now there is a little bit of pain when I press on the area. no redness. no swelling

Dr.Tharun :

Did you lift heavy weights or do exercises or activity recently before the pain started?

Customer:

no. the only heavy lifting i do may be at work and its not all the time just sometimes. its alot of manual labor. but I have been doing this work for almost a year now.

Dr.Tharun :

Did you start on any medications recently? Are you on any regular medications?

Customer:

pro air. i ahve been taking generic ibenporphen for my hips. I ahd my chiroprator adjust one cause it was higher. and now the right one hurts sometimes when I walk.

Dr.Tharun :

Are you taking any antacids with your ibuprofen ?

Customer:

no

Customer:

it has been the same brand I have been using for years

Dr.Tharun :

One of the side effects of ibuprofen is that ,it causes acidity and ulcer disease in the stomach which is situated above and left of belly button.

Dr.Tharun :

So gastritis can be the cause of your symptom.Another possibility is pulled muscle in the region due to heavy work you are used to.

Dr.Tharun :

So it is better to start on a antacid like prilosec or neksium to take care of gastritis.Also hot fomentation to the region will help along local diclofenac ointments if it is sore muscle.

Dr.Tharun :

Keep yourself well hydrated and drink lot of fluids.

Customer:

I thought prilosec was for acid relex which I dont have. i place an ice pack on my lower back and hip area. i do have a heat pack but its warm out today. so u just think it may be sore muscle with discomfort like I have been having.? ok u r the doc.

Customer:

reflex not relex

Dr.Tharun :

Sometimes low blood in the body can give these near fainting episodes.Intestinal worms are another cause of abdominal pain which you should be ruling out.It will also cause malnutrition as they feed on the same food we eat and can cause various vitamin and mineral deficiency.

Dr.Tharun :

Prilosec is mainly for gastritis as it reduces the acid production which is the main culprit in reflex disease

Dr.Tharun :

So it indirectly helps in reflex disease.But its primary role is for gastritis.

Customer:

my skin usually whiter in color but lately I have noticed more color in my skin. I havent tanned this year

Customer:

even if I am not experiencing acid reflex. I know what it fells like and it can be painful but I dont have any acid reflex

Customer:

ok

Dr.Tharun :

gastritis and reflex are two different things and need not be confused with each other.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank u

Dr.Tharun :

Gastritis will affect the stomach and the pain will be more on the left side of the belly.While reflex is more into the food pipe so the pain will be in the upper central abdomen and behind the chest

Dr.Tharun :

If one or two doses of prilosec/ neksium doesn't relieve the pain , you should be seeing your doctor and getting scan done.

Customer:

The pain is on the left side

Dr.Tharun :

Yes.

Customer:

ok i will go see my doctor

Dr.Tharun :

Safest option and I appreciate that.

Customer:

thank you for ur help

Dr.Tharun :

you are welcome

Customer: