Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I have had testing done for dizziness. Nothing. I get dizzy

I have had testing done for dizziness. Nothing. I get dizzy quite a bit .It always drops me to the floor! I have had lumbar puncture , Brain MRI, CT EEG INNER EAR TEST. NOTHING! In 2000 I was told it COULD be early MS. Test prove different. Lyme disease, no. RA, no.These spell are getting worse. I am scared to drive. I make short trips to town where the sp. limit is 35 just in case. So that I might pull over.Most of the time I dont get any warning, except for 3-5 seconds. I always feel something strange on the left side of my head just before it happens.and after my face feels numb sort of. It can last 5 min to 1 hr. also my left side is like dead wt. this has happened 3 times. mostly lately it is severe dizzyness. like being on a floating dock. there is a strange pressure that seems to force me down or backwards. Like a G- force. I am getting so afraid so I stay at home. Dr's. dont know what this is. My MRI did show white matter. but they said it COULD be scaring from the severe migraine headaches I used to get before I stopped having periods. I also have an irr. HB, PVC'S AND PAC'S. ALSO they found SVT ON A MONITOR that I wore. Been on Sotalol since 2003 and seems like that is fixed. didn't have it to often. I have heard that it COULD be from that of like a clot thrown, COULD be a TIA. TOOK PLAVIX FOR 2 YRS. I also have a horrible time outside in the heat. cant do that either have come close to passing out several times after 5 min. in tha heat and humidity. No one can help me. It isnt like the room is spinning ! it is like being drunk. I dont drink. I used to drink in earlier yrs.In my 20's. not since, not even socially! no pot either.I do smoke. about 1/2 to 1 pk per day. I have tried to qiut with no success.I know this is alot of hist. but really cant leave anything out.I also have had C3-4-5- SURGERY. Herniated disc due to auto accident. but all this started before that. SOMETIMES I WALK INTO WALLS. SO I DONT HAVE MUCH CONFIDENCE LEFT. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Also I seem very tired after this happens and I sleep alot!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WHERE SHOULD I GO, OR WHAT TYPE TEST CAN BE DONE. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly. Please do not respond to this as it will prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you.

Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.

Hello!

The description of the sense of dizziness that you have sounds that it may relate to cerebellum function as one possibility or your position sense as another. It sounds to be neurological in origin.

I do not think that it related to inner ear as this would cause a sense of vertigo...so you would probably NOT benefit to see an ENT....

It does not sound to be the type of dizziness that causes a sense of light headedness. This type is usually connected with a sense that you may pass out but this does not seem to be the case either.

When you have the episodes are you clumsy in your walking or use of your hands? This would be consistent with something affecting the function of the cerebellum portion of the brain which is toward the back. This problem might be vascular in nature and you may benefit to have an MRA test. This is a magnetic resonance angiogram. It shows specifically the blood vessels in the brain.

I would recommend that you consult a neurologist further for evaluation of this problem. It may help to get a second opinion if you already see a neurologist. This increases the number of years of experience working for you and helps to have fresh eyes on a problem sometimes.

I do fear that your problem may remain difficult to diagnose and probably even more difficult to treat...

I hope this information is helpful for you. If you have further questions then please let me know and I will be happy to get back with you!!

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice