Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have been advised to take 50mg of DHEA....just wondering

I have been advised to take 50mg of DHEA....just wondering your opinion and advice on taking this.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

50 mg starting does is not bad.
Can you provide more details about your condition?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess best to describe is post menapausal......just not myself. i usually have great motivation, high energy and positive attitude. Just feel somewhat not excited about much. Im not a whinner so Im trying not to make a big deal about it. I don't like feeling this way though. Not much drive for my wonderful husband but I love him dearly if you understand what im saying.....

Thank you for the information.

Average dosing for DHEA range from 25 to 200 mg so 50 mg is not a bad at all. The dose can be adjusted as per your need and response. DHEA has been used in wide variety of clinical conditions such as adrenal insufficiency, depression, post menopausal disorder, and others, you can view the complete list from this link: Its use in post menopausal disorder is not conclusive and more research is required to make a firm conclusion.

Please also read the recent research in thats topic: As per their findings DHEA was not considered beneficial. Thus, at this time we have some evidence to support its use in post menopausal disorder, but it is not conclusive. Moreover, longterm safety of DHEA is not known.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I appreciate you response. I went to the two websites and they were short and a little informative. I was hoping you had a bit more information as either some experience with patients using DHEA or suggestions for what else I could do if DHEA wasn't something you thought I should try. I really am not sure where you stand on if I should take it or not. You basically only provided the readings. Thank you for those though. They were helpful.

I am sorry to hear that, but I provided you with the real evidence based information about DHEA use in postmenopausal disorder. These research publications are important for making decision on what to expect when you use them. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but the truth is that DHEA is not considered beneficial in post menopausal disorder. So I don't think that it is wise to go with something that is nor proven to be beneficial. Thus, I don't recommend using it. I see that you rated "helped a little" which will leave negative in my record for no reason. I am happy to assist you if you have any any specific question.