Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I am having chest pain and pain between my shoulder blades-is

I am having chest pain and pain between my shoulder blades-is this my heart?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hello.
Thanks for your question.
This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
I am going to assist you with your question today, First, I need a little more information:

Do you have sharp pain in left side of chest?
Do you have continuous pain or is this coming in sharp attack?
Numbness in left arm/ shoulder?
Do you have nausea?
Do you have shortness of breath?
How long has this been going on for?
Any past significant medical illness?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

actually it is in my right arm not my left coming as sharp i have copd asthma etc sometimes nausea but i was attributing it to my medicine

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing the additional information.
Can you please answer few more question. Thanks

Are you overweight?
Do you have any past medical history of gall bladder disease?
Did pain started all of sudden?
How long has this been going on for?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
165# XXXXX'8" gall bladder out pain is coming and going started yesterday eve
Mary, Thanks for providing the additional information.
First of all it is important to check for heart disease, so an urgent EKG should be done ASAP.
Other possible causes for such symptoms are-
1. Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone. It is this inflammation that causes the sharp chest pains inside the chest wall and may radiate to nearby areas.
2. Liver inflammation may also cause same symptoms.

At this time, a detailed clinical examination, EKG, Chest x-ray should be done for diagnosis.
I advise that you should not delay and get it evaluated in ER ASAP.

I trust I've helped, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button.

I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician