Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have ripples along the side of my tongue that i just noticed

I have ripples along the side of my tongue that i just noticed last night. What causes this? My tongue is not sore.
Hello from JA

Very interesting.

What do you mean by ripples.

What color?
Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The sides of my tongue look wavey. They are the same color as my tongue.. maybe a little more white. No symptoms.
This is often simply from the pressure of the teeth on the sides of the tongue.

Sometimes it can be from
Yeast infection
A condition called lichen planus which causes white ripples

Chances are it is nothing, but an exam and quick swab for the microscope would rule out yeast, and visual exam would rule out lichen planus.

Your doctor or a dentist could do this.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please choose great service, got the job done, or informative and helpful to complete the answer process, anything else is a negative response.

If you feel like choosing “expected more” or “helped a little,” STOP [these are negative ratings] and please choose CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION instead so I may answer any further questions. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites