Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Have blisters from a blister beetle should we bust the blisters

Have blisters from a blister beetle should we bust the blisters or not
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have any other symptoms other than blisters? When did you develop it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No about one hour ago
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

Based on your description, you have just developed blisters which is quite common after coming in contact with blister beetles. In most cases, this is not considered lethal to human and thus no specific treatment is needed. However, there are several species of blister beetles, and may have different effects on individuals. As far as blisters are concerned, usually first aid is enough and blisters tends to subside on its own. Thus, it is recommended not to burst those blisters, as it poses the risk of infection. In the meantime you can keep eye on any other symptoms of severe reaction that may require urgent medical care, but the chances of those kind of reaction is slim, but must be observed.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If blister bust on their own wil it get bigger
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
You should not puncture/burst it. These blisters will diminish on their own without any treatment. If you notice any burst blisters, you should keep the area clean and prevent it from infection. With a proper care it will heal completely and will not get bigger.