Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My legs hurt alot but especially when i get up after sitting

My legs hurt alot but especially when i get up after sitting or sleeping - feels more muscular
because if i stretch my muscles before getting up it seems to be better and the more I walk around the less it hurts. My doctor said it was the valves in my veins leaking backwards, but
I would like to know more before I just let them do a vein procedure on me -- thoughts?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com , This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
I am going to assist you with your question today, First, I need a little more information:

Do you feel numbness in legs?
What was exact diagnosis given by your doctor?
Do you have severe pain in legs after rest?
Have you noticed discoloration in legs?

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no numbness - no observed discoloration that I have seen. Legs don't hurt while resting or sitting -- just when I get up and start to move -- muscles feel tight and I have trouble walking until I am able to stretch out muscles.

Related to diagnosis - as soon as I mentioned leg pain - with many questions - dr said he wanted to do ultrasound on legs because he thought it was vein issue - ultasound showed that veins were leaky backwards - so they put in to my insurance to do a procedure that goes into the damaged veins and shuts them down - but my legs really hurt and everything I read about varicose veins, etc. is there may be some pain but that isn't primary.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I truly trust my doctor but seems like he has this new vein process in his office and to me he seemed quick to diagnosis this - he would do one leg at a time and I would have to wear the compression stockings for two weeks. It would be ok but it just seemed awfully quick to me.
Thanks for the quick additional information.
I understand your concern and worry for this issue. Based upon your description, as ultrasound of leg has been done and also your symptoms have clear indication towards Valve problem called Incompetent faulty valves in your veins.

I completely agree with your doctor, that the problem lies with valves faulty valves in the leg veins.

As ultrasound of leg has already been done, so my diagnosis remains same. Varicose veins may cause Fullness, heaviness, aching, and pain in the legs. Also classical book symptoms of this disease may not match with practical cases.

You can be successfully treated with endovenous ablation procedure. This method will allow doctor to close off the diseased superficial vein that contains leaking valves, and thus preventing any further reflux (backwards flow of blood) into your veins.

I would say, that you should not panic, and please go ahead with your doctor procedure.

I trust I've helped, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Best regards.
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - but if it is in my veins - why do I feel that it are the muscles that are tight and hurt so bad. Dr did say that once i get up and move around that I am getting blood moving again in the right direction which is why pain does subside the more I move but legs still do feel dragging. Would this make me tired also? He says there is no medicine - I do take a lot of ibuprofen which I am not sure is helping or if the movement is helping.
I understand your concern for this issue.
The underlying problem is Faulty valves in the leg veins. This can cause heaviness and tightness in your legs. yes it true that patient mat feel free from symptoms while waking or moving. This is because, the blood flow will be in right direction.
One may feel fatigue and heaviness. To make you clear that classical book symptoms of this disease may not match with practical cases.

Best regards.
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician