Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Legs feel heavy and slightly numb from the knee down with it

Legs feel heavy and slightly numb from the knee down with it spreading up my right leg. I just went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection and given azithromycin 250mg first dose taken 2. I also had elevated blood pressure and pulse and was treated for dehydration, I've had diarrhea for a few days now.
Is the legs feeling heavy and slightly numb normal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 years ago.
If your diarrhea gave you an electrolyte imbalance this might cause these sensations.

What infection are you being treated other words...which the azithormycin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The doctor didn't say why or give a clear diagnosis. I've had a bad cough and she gave them to me saying they wont hurt.

As for the electrolyte imbalance can that be fixed with a Gatorade?
You can try gatorade
If this numbness increases and the legs are week this can be the result of a viral infection and sometime there is an auto immune reaction called guillaine barre..and the numbness and weakness can go up the rest for the body.
if you see this happening go in immediately as antibiotic do not treat viruses..
Usually this is a self limited condition but can get serous.
I would also..if things are getting worse, have emergency check electrolytes, magnesium calcium and the metabolic profile.

Always err on the side of safety.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites