911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

RA - 211

Customer Question

1. Phonology refers to the science which treats
A. nutritional deficiencies.
B. vocal sounds.
C. heart rhythms.
D. blood disorders.
2. When referring to a distended blood vessel, a doctor may use the term
A. syncope.
B. globulin.
C. ascites.
D. varicose.
3. What is the root word for the term pericardiectomy?
A. PERICARDI/O
B. PERI/O
C. CARDIECT/O
D. CARDI/O
4. What is brachycardia?
A. Pain referred to the arm during a heart attack
B. A blood vessel conveying blood to the arm
C. Abnormally rapid heartbeat
D. Abnormally slow heartbeat
5. Which root word means "red"?
A. BLAST/O
B. ERYTHR/O
C. THYM/O
D. LEUK/O
6. The cardiovascular system consists of
A. blood, blood vessels, and the heart.
B. the heart and coronary arteries.
C. blood, blood vessels, the heart, lymph, lymph vessels, and lymphatic tissues.
D. the heart, blood vessels, and lymph vessels.
7. Which one of the following suffixes means "spitting"?
A. -SPHYXIA
B. -PNEA
C. -PTYSIS
D. -OSMIA
8. Which of the following suffixes means "to breathe"?
A. -PNEA
B. -STASIS
C. -IA
D. -APHARESIS
9. Which is not a symptom of peptic ulcers?
A. Nausea
B. Gangrene
C. Loss of appetite
D. Gnawing pain in the abdomen
10. Which of the following is the correct spelling for the plural of bronchus?
A. Bronchuses
B. Bronchie
C. Bronchi
D. Bronchiuses
11. Which of the following terms means "inflammation of the bile duct"?
A. Cholangitis
B. Cholangotomy
C. Cholelithiasis
D. Colostomy
12. A 60-year-old patient who comes to the emergency room with shortness of breath is experiencing
A. pleural effusion.
B. inspiration.
C. dyspnea.
D. dysphagia.
13. Which term means "pertaining to the lungs"?
A. Pulmonary
B. Dyspnea
C. Pectoralis
D. Pleurisy
14. The medical term for "loss of appetite" is
A. dyspepsia.
B. anorexia.
C. stasis.
D. bowel rest.
15. A 42-year-old male is admitted to the hospital with chronic inflammation of the intestinal walls resulting
in diarrhea, constipation, and melena. Which of the following conditions does the patient have?
A. Crohn's disease
B. Malabsorption syndrome
C. Volvulus
D. Intussusception
16. Which of the following are breathing conditions?
A. Rhinostenosis, nasomental
B. Thoracopathy, thoracotomy
C. Trichomycosis, pilosebaceous
D. Apnea, dyspnea, tachypnea
17. What is the meaning of the root word FURC/O?
A. Vein
B. Division
C. Blood vessel
D. Heart
18. _______ leukemia affects the bone marrow and develops gradually.
A. Chronic myelocytic
B. Chronic lymphocytic
C. Acute lymphocytic
D. Acute myelocytic
19. In which condition is the patient most likely to hemorrhage?
A. Thalassemia
B. Erythroblastosis fetalis
C. Polycythemia
D. Thrombocytopenia
20. Which suffix would be used in a term pertaining to a meal?
A. -TRIPSY
End of exam
B. -RRHEA
C. -PRANDIAL
D. -EMESIS
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

911DOC :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911DOC :

1. b

911DOC :

2. d

911DOC :

3. d

911DOC :

4. d but it's 'bradycardia'

911DOC :

5. b

911DOC :

6. c

911DOC :

7. c

911DOC :

8. a

911DOC :

9. b

911DOC :

10. c

911DOC :

11. a

911DOC :

12. c

911DOC :

13. a

911DOC :

14. b

911DOC :

15. a

911DOC :

16. d

911DOC :

17. i do not understand this question, what is the root word again?

911DOC :

18. cml

911DOC :

19. d

911DOC :

20. c

911DOC :

that's it

911DOC :

questions?

911DOC :

are you there?

Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

please let me know if you have any questions about my answers.

best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
trying to reply but is not working,,,,what of 17,18 and 19 ? and how sure are u of the answers??????
Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

like i said, i don't recognize a root word 'FURC/O'... i think you have a misspelling here. my answer to 18 is linked to a reference site so you can check for yourself. i am sure of 19, 100%.

best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
am not really sure myself of the answer but still going thr it my self and i will get back to u thanks
Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

i have answered 19 of 20 questions for you and the only one i didn't answer doesn't make sense. maybe it's a translation issue.... it would be very helpful to me if you would complete our transaction so that you may leave feedback for me, which is, in this business, very important. you can still 'get back to me' later after doing this and i will be happy to respond.

best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it bcs am not ok with the answers am trying to get them my self and so far the answers are not ok .......and i dont want to leave bad comment hope u got that thanks

Expert:  911DOC replied 2 years ago.

please tell me which answers are wrong. and you posted this question and when you did you engaged into a contract with me which i have honored. please do tell me which answers are incorrect.

thanks