1. Phonology refers to the science which treats
A. nutritional deficiencies.
B. vocal sounds.
C. heart rhythms.
D. blood disorders.
2. When referring to a distended blood vessel, a doctor may use the term
3. What is the root word for the term pericardiectomy?
4. What is brachycardia?
A. Pain referred to the arm during a heart attack
B. A blood vessel conveying blood to the arm
C. Abnormally rapid heartbeat
D. Abnormally slow heartbeat
5. Which root word means "red"?
6. The cardiovascular system consists of
A. blood, blood vessels, and the heart.
B. the heart and coronary arteries.
C. blood, blood vessels, the heart, lymph, lymph vessels, and lymphatic tissues.
D. the heart, blood vessels, and lymph vessels.
7. Which one of the following suffixes means "spitting"?
8. Which of the following suffixes means "to breathe"?
9. Which is not a symptom of peptic ulcers?
C. Loss of appetite
D. Gnawing pain in the abdomen
10. Which of the following is the correct spelling for the plural of bronchus?
11. Which of the following terms means "inflammation of the bile duct"?
12. A 60-year-old patient who comes to the emergency room with shortness of breath is experiencing
A. pleural effusion.
13. Which term means "pertaining to the lungs
14. The medical term for "loss of appetite" is
D. bowel rest.
15. A 42-year-old male is admitted to the hospital with chronic inflammation of the intestinal walls resulting
in diarrhea, constipation, and melena. Which of the following conditions does the patient have?
A. Crohn's disease
B. Malabsorption syndrome
16. Which of the following are breathing conditions?
A. Rhinostenosis, nasomental
B. Thoracopathy, thoracotomy
C. Trichomycosis, pilosebaceous
D. Apnea, dyspnea, tachypnea
17. What is the meaning of the root word FURC/O?
C. Blood vessel
18. _______ leukemia affects the bone marrow and develops gradually.
A. Chronic myelocytic
B. Chronic lymphocytic
C. Acute lymphocytic
D. Acute myelocytic
19. In which condition is the patient most likely to hemorrhage?
B. Erythroblastosis fetalis
20. Which suffix would be used in a term pertaining to a meal?
End of exam