Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

burning upper stomach

burning upper stomach
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long are you having this burning sensation? Do you have nausea, acid reflux, belching? Do you get pain when you press in your upper abdomen? Any relation with food or empty stomach?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the burning sensation for a quite few years. Usually when I eat spicy food or fermented bread. I sometime get nausea but not frequent. No pain when I press the upper abdomen. I do get acid reflex, I had had two endoscopes in the last two years and they say my stomach looks healthy but I still feel the burning sensation.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. Based on your description, you seem to have burning sensation, nausea, and acid reflux along with a relationship with foods for a while. All these symptoms could be due to stomach related issues such as gastritis/ acid peptic disease etc. You can take OTC antacid for rapid relief or prilosec which is a acid reducer, and see if your feel better. In the mean time avoid alcohol, smoking, pain killers, and reduce stress. I am not sure if you has test for H. pylori, if you have not done so it is better to get it done now. The H. pylori is associated with this kind of problem, if you test positive for H. pylori, you will have to go for H. pylori eradication medication to get rid of this problem. You should also avoid any aggravating factors such as food, stress, empty stomach etc to minimize your symptoms. I also recommend visiting a gastroenterologist for a proper management of your symptoms.

You can read more about it from this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gastritis/DS00488/DSECTION=symptoms

Please let me know if you have any other question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is acid peptic desease?
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
As the name indicates, acid peptic disease is a group of conditions resulting from stomach acid secretion. In other words, it is a collective term used to indicate a common pathological conditions in which mucosal surface is damaged leading to ulcer formation such as in gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, esophageal ulcer etc. In most cases, acid reducer and antacids are effective.