Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine

cant bend leg much the pain is so bad. It started about three

cant bend leg much the pain is so bad. It started about three years ago with a mild pain and just got worse. I have had two knee surgerys and thought it would fix it. The doctors do not know whats wrong. I have been to physical thearpy and nothing helps . I have to walk peg leg going up and down stairs. Getting in and out of the car is bad. Now the pain goes all the way down the shin into my foot. The worst is on the outside and underneath my knee. putting in my pants and socks is real bad. I wish someone could find out what it is. If u pushed on my leg and tried to bend it i would probley piss blood.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like you have a contracture of the quadriceps. Have you had an MRI of the knee done recently? How about an MRI of the lumbar spine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ialso had back surgery late feburary thought that would help. Had low lumbar fusion very painfull. But my leg is the worst and no MRI since my last knee surgery. What should i tell them to take a picture or MRI of my knee which part?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
I think an MRI of the knee joint would be helpful to rule out a mechanical issue preventing full flexion of the knee. In the absence of a joint problem, there is a possibility you have a contracture which is making it painful to bend the knee. If physical therapy is not able to slowly release the contracture and restore range of motion, you should consider botox injections.