Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

How safe is a colonoscopy? Has anyone died or been injured

How safe is a colonoscopy? Has anyone died or been injured by this procedure before? Why won't insurance cover the virtual colonoscopy?
Hello from JA
Now days this is very safe
Rarely there can be perforation

very rare in fact

Here are some numbers

Virtual colonoscopy is not proven to be as effective as colonoscopy an the expense is not something many insurance companies will therefore cover.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites