Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Have dull pain on right side at waistline. Initially thought

Have dull pain on right side at waistline. Initially thought it was grumbling appendix but then felt pain also at back in the same area & sometimes down right side where fallopian tubes are. I had bilateral surgery for breast cancer, reconstruction & lymph gland removal on right side in Oct 2010 followed by 6 months chemotherapy. I am on Tamoxifen for 5 years and have made a good recovery. My concern is that this pain could be linked to earlier cancer. Pain has lasted 5 weeks & have an appt with GP for 11/6.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.

How frequently the pain is coming? Is there any aggravating or relieving factor or any relation to food? How are stool & urine? Is there any area of tenderness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pain tends to be there most of the time but very dull. Doesn't seem to be food related & digestive system, urine & stools are normal.I am unable to define a particular area of tenderness.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The pain can be due to a few probables. It does not sound to be related to breast cancer. It can be due to kidney or urinary in origin. Common causes of kidney pain are an infection or stone. Urine change may not be apparent. Colitis or inflammation of color, disease of the ovary can cause pain here. Other cause can be a pinched nerve at the back. This can be felt in the front & back. Doctor can take a few tests like blood, urine analysis, ultrasound/ scan etc. to find out the precise cause.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.