Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have a small white bump on my inside lower lip that doesnt

I have a small white bump on my inside lower lip that doesn't hurt. It is probably 1 millimeter in diameter and tt looks like it could be from a gland. I scratched it off the other day and it came back. I used to chew tobacco and smoke so I thought it could be related to that. It has been there for about 3-4 days. Is this something that I should get looked at? If something is cancerous in your mouth can you scratch if off easily?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

How large is the bump? Is there any ulcer? discharge of fluid?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is about 1 millimiter in diamter. There is no ulcer,discharge or fluid. It looks like a lie bump that I occastionally get on my tongue, but there is no pain and its on my inner lip.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

The small bump can be mucus cyst when you do not have pain, discharge or other symptoms. It usually gets ruptured on its own & go away. Sometimes it can get infected or inflammed. It does not sound like cancer. However if it persists, you should consult doctor to get it examined for precise diagnosis.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.