Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have a warm pain in my foot which moves around. The foot

I have a 'warm' pain in my foot which moves around. The foot is swollen and is painful to walk on. The pain arrived on Sunday evening and is dissipaiting now after various doses of paracetemol, and Ibruprofen.
I've experienced it several months ago for a similar period of time and wonder what it is and what might cause it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Is it on both side? Do you see redness, and feel warm to touch? Do you feel pain when you use your ankle joint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It started on the top of the join with my big toe and has moved around. It's not overly red but is warm to touch. No pain from Ankle joint.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Based on your description, you seem to have pain, swelling, warm to touch, and difficulty in walking. All these symptoms could be related to each other. If you do not have any history of heart/liver/kidney related problem, then this is most likely a localized problem such as arthritis, cellulitis, or gout. Pain, redness, warm to touch symptoms are suggesting the possibility of cellulitis or gout, but other potential causes can also present with similar features. Thus, it is better to get a blood test and physical exam to confirm the diagnosis, in that way you would know how to manage it appropriately. In the meantime, keep on doing conservative measures such as rest, OTC pain meds, and elevation. Thus, your physician visit, at least once, is required to make the final diagnosis.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.